Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Sister Was Born Before Me

Yes, my sister was born before me (they all were!)  I was trying to think of a nice way to say older sister without betraying the fact that she's older than I am.  Apparently I haven't found a way to do that yet.

Today is her birthday and I called her to wish her Happy Birthday, even sang a happy birthday song to her -- "Happy, Happy Birhday Sharon dear.  Happy days will come to you all year.  If I had one wish then it would be, a Happy, Happy Birthday to you from me."  She liked it!  Bad singing and all.

These days a happy birthday isn't to go to Disneyland or Las Vegas or make a big deal out of it!  A happy birthday is spent with your better half, your kids and grand kids, having someone else BBQ dinner and watch a movie on TV till your eyes betray you and they watch the movie from the inside of your eyelids.  And, having all your special "peeps" call you to wish you happy day!

We did say something about doing all of this in say, Figi or Tasmania, or the Bahamas would work too!  While cabana boy brings you your favorite smoothie at your whim.  HAPpy Birthday!!!

Sounds boring you say?  Not when you're counting your blessings.  

Until next time!

B

No comments:

Post a Comment